Many people plan for life events, well in advance, such as weddings and vacations, but many people do not plan for something that is certain to happen... their funeral. While most people do not want to think about their own mortality, the time to pre-plan your funeral is now. The primary advantages of pre-planning your funeral is to relieve the burden on your loved ones in an already emotional time, and to ensure your funeral is carried out according to your wishes. This eliminates the task of second-guessing what you would have wanted.
Pre-planning and pre-paying your funeral is one of the most thoughtful gifts you can give to your family.
Pre-paying your funeral reduces stress and financial burden on your loved ones after your death. We can co-ordinate a payment plan that suits your needs, from a single payment plan to monthly bank account withdrawals. If your funeral costs less than the amount you have put aside, those funds will be refunded back to your beneficiaries.
For more information, please speak to one of our funeral directors. Each year many, many people decide to pre-plan and pre-pay their funeral. These plans are designed to be flexible and can accommodate the many changes that often occur in people’s lives.
What you can do in advance…
- Select the type of gathering you desire
- Select the merchandise you desire
- Decide if you want a religious service or possibly have your family coordinate a service
- Designate any music or scriptures/poems you may desire
Benefits of Pre-Planning
- Between 70 and 75 decisions are made within the first 24-48 hours of death. It’s difficult to think rationally while making so many decisions within days of losing a loved one. Pre-planning gives you and your family peace of mind. Pre-planning gives your loved ones direction of your wants and desires.
- It’s easy...anyone can do it. You can make changes at any time if you so desire.